[OM] Re: Vivitar135mm f2.3

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar135mm f2.3
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:26:37 -0800
on 11/23/04 5:45 AM, Dean Tyler at dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks for the info Jim.  I'm curious if you have ever used your vivitar
> 135mm with a 1.4x or 2x teleconverter, either a vivitar or olympus?  I know
> vivitar made "match mate" converter for specific lens, but I think they were
> mainly designed for specific vivitar zooms.  I'm surprised there is so
> little info on older vivitar lens on the web.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dean

Never used either with a multiplier (wish I owned a 1.4X-A but I don't). I
do have a couple of the 'matched multiplier' lenses with multipliers. I
think a good 'non-matched' multiplier would probably work just as well with
the lenses not designed for a matching multiplier. I have longer lenses, so
I rarely feel the need to get a 270/5.0 since I would just use the Zuiko
300/4.5 in that circumstance. Of course the Zuiko is a little bigger than
the Vivitar 135/2.3 and a 2X-A, but not too much bigger.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...