[OM] Re: Scanners

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanners
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:39:52 +0000

> For the vast majority of uses, including at least 11x14 prints,
> anything
> over about 24-2700 dpi probably doesn't buy you much of anything.

It does allow you the luxury of cropping to compensate for lousy
framing at the time the shot is taken. I just printed a near A4 size
print from about 1/4 of the negative area, because I took the shot at a
red light sitting in my car, and couldn't get out to get any closer! It
looked fine, if a little grainy. Scanned on a Microtek Artixcan at 4000
dpi.

James