[OM] Re: A miracle!! Louie is well!

Subject: [OM] Re: A miracle!! Louie is well!
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:51:27 -0500
on 2004/11/24 2:10 AM, Gordon Ross at gordross@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Not immune to DOS myself I was (not so blissfully) unaware of the
> problem of using lithium batteries in my OM 4. Pulling your camera out of
> the case, mounting the right lens setup, shoot and you don't even get the
> satisfaction of the RRRrrr sounds .

On the other hand I can attest that an OM-1 with an AgO cell is perfectly
happy at -25C, and even agrees with the hand meter that got to live in my
pocket.

Prolonged periods at freezer temperatures could conceivably lead to
crystallization, which might take a while at room temperature (e.g., weeks)
to sort itself out. You could always speed things up by keeping them at 37C
for a few days - but I don't want to hear the details.

Andrew