[OM] Re: Off-camera flash with OM1

Subject: [OM] Re: Off-camera flash with OM1
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:06:04 +0100
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> I wonder if one could adapt the TTL Auto Connector 3,
> clipping its pin just as John does with Shoe 3.
> Advice welcomed.

Yes, clipping the thin extra pin does it. OM1
and OM2 shoes 1 and 2 have a turn-left-to-fasten
screw to get fixed to either body. So do Shoe 3
and Adapter 3. Clipping the TTL pin reduces their
function to mere hot shoe work. (With OM1n and OM2n
and Shoe 4 they changed to a turn-right-to-fasten
screw, avoiding any wrong mix-up of shoes).

But why would you do so? A plain PC flash cord
plugged to the OM1 works the same. So why go through
wiring with T-cords, when just the flash triggering
is needed -- and used?

Andreas

PS: BG1 does not work with T-flashes. No way.
    BG2 does not work with QA 310. No way.
    I would always go for T-flashes, they are
    so much more versatile, and the latest and
    final series.