[OM] Re: Catholic guilt

Subject: [OM] Re: Catholic guilt
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:25:20 -0800
on 11/24/04 3:26 PM, Giovanni De Martis at giovannidemartis@xxxxxx wrote:

> Funny .... "mediterranenan catholics", "Irish sect" ..... are you Olivier
> Cromwell rebirth with an Olympus? :-)
>
> I have recently buyed a OM-PC 50 mm 1,8 full of fungi not declared in the
> auction from a Protestant from Canada. (if you want I can post you the
> number).
> But maybe the next time a war of religion .... mmmhhh sounds a better
> deterrent ..... much most threatening one rather than a feedback !!!
> Have you some suggestions in case of Jews, Muslims, Buddhists seller? Some
> religious, ethnic, cultural or sexual prejudgment?
>
> Il 24-11-2004 22:08, "Chris Savage" <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>
>> Ah yes, of course. Mediterranean catholics get to sin all they want,
>> confess it, goto 10
>>
>> Those of us brought up in the Irish sect get none of the sinning but
>> still feel the urge to confess to anything.

When I was young enough to still be capable of the wild life I had a friend
who claimed 'born-again' Christianity, which, he said (note nagging doubt on
comma usage...) gave him the right to 'sin' full-heartedly since he was
forgiven and insured of heaven. Of course now he's married and, I hope,
settled down... or his wife will make his remaining time on earth hell for
him <g>.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...