[OM] Re: Off-camera flash with OM1

Subject: [OM] Re: Off-camera flash with OM1
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:28:46 +0100
Simon Worby wrote

> Even the T-series if you didn't put any batteries in the grip?
> And the sync would work OK, wouldn't it?

The T-series does not fully slide on the
BG1, the design of the external power socket
prevents it (T-series is notched, QA310 not).
So even the plain middle hot shoe contact
does not work.

> > Indeed, but PBG2 + T32 = ca. £120, whereas PBG1 + QA310 = £40...
> And if solely used with OM-1 I can't see any particular advantage
> of T32 (GN32) over QA310 (GN34).
> Unless, as usual, I'm missing something obvious...

True. If you just use OM-1 (or OM-1n for that
matter, and you can live without viewfinder
flash info), the QA310 is fine. The higher GN
covers a 24mm(!) lens, the T32 is designed
for 28mm but takes a diffuser for up to 21mm.

But whenever you leave an option to go OM-TTL
later, and not limiting yourseft to OM2 only
and one flash only, QA310 is a dead end thing.

Andreas