[OM] Re: Off-camera flash with OM-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Off-camera flash with OM-1
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:28:46 +0100
Brian Swale wrote:
> Not the whole story.  The BG1 also works with the OM-2,
> as does the QA310. It was the OTF flash control with the
> QA310 that interested me (cf N*kon, C*non and P*ntax)
> when I bought my first OM.

QA310 and BG1 came at the same time as OM2,
true. And this founded the TTL/OTF flash control
idea, that nowadays everybody uses. But the QA310
was a one-flash only concept, quickly hitting
a limit. One flash only is pretty easily done with
auto mode flashes too. The tricky stuff starts with
two and more flashes. This is where T-series and
multiple flash setup comes in and sets another first
for its time then.

QA310 lifespan 1975-1979, T-series 1979-2002.

Andreas