[OM] Re: Flash Q and minor rant

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash Q and minor rant
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:29:06 +1100
We lost the one and two cent pieces a while back - they only exist on
electronic transactions where they can be reconciled. Supermarket tills
automatically round up and down - because the checkout personnel are
profoundly innumerate of course.
As a lad I used to tenderise pommy pennies on the railway line - of
course they were the great big copper ones of pre-decimal times. Legal
tender, especial after the tender had run over them.
AndrewF