[OM] Re: Off-camera flash with OM-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Off-camera flash with OM-1
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:39:21 +0100
Piers Hemy wrote:
> Good memory John, there _is_ a tab on the bottom of the T-series
> power plug,
> but it is not just the tab that is the problem - the power pins themselves
> are at a different position (on the QA310 they are about 1mm closer to the
> edge of the enclosure).
> Which attachment do you suggest for the Dremel?

>> Also, I think the pin socket in the T flashes have a little tab molded in
>> specifically to keep it from fitting BG1 (we may have been through this a
>> year or 2 ago).  Shaving the tab off may make it fit BG1, though
>> that would be wrong. ;-)
>> John Hermanson

Frankly, I would not dremel my T32 ...

The BG1 may good for the QA310, but that's it.
It does not swivel, only tilts (BG2 does both).
For just a flash handle, there are tons of
versatile models from various manufacturers
for little money available (who remembers that
neat Vivitar handle for the 283? That is way
cool, sorta molded into your gripping hand --
and it swivels ;-)

But IF one insists to use a BG1 with T32 (and
never return to QA310): Why not flex off that
power plug piece at the BG1? No hinderance of
ANY flash. All couple to the hot shoe and to
the built-in cable then.

But who amputates ANY Oly equipment then ...

Andreas