[OM] Re: Fungus in mirror chamber

Subject: [OM] Re: Fungus in mirror chamber
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:37:02 -0200
on 28/11/2004 02:31, Gary Teller at gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've never damaged the black paint.  Then again, I've never cleaned this
> stuff from an OM camera-just the other major SLR's.  Maybe OM's are more
> delicate than Nikons, etc.
[snip]
>  Sometimes a whitish
> streak is left.  For that I simply wet a lint free cloth, wrap the wet part
> around my finger and wipe away the white residue.

[snip]

> Use at your own risk, of course. It's flammable. I use this stuff to clean
> the exteriors of dirty cameras and lenses as well as to clean the lenses'
> glass.  As with many chemically based products, apply to a small test area
> first to gauge the reaction/result.
[snip]

Thanks Gary; I'll wait for more advice on this subject - specific on OMs.

Hope you never used alcohol [denatured or anhidro :^)] to clean the rubber
band grip of any Zuiko - I quickly ruined the rubber band of my 50/1.4 when
trying to 'clean' it. Fortunately, on those good old days, Olympus Japan
provided me of a new one.

Fernando.