[OM] Re: Slighty OT: Leitz projector lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Slighty OT: Leitz projector lens
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:15:02 -0500
on 2004/11/29 8:06 PM, John A. Lind at jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Technically this is correct.  In practice, I've never noted any significant
> difference between FF and CF regarding focusing a slide properly across the
> field.

We have a slide evaluation group via our club. The host has an FF lens, and
slides have to be checked by rocking the focus to tell whether edges and
corners are sharp.

I have a CF lens on mine. Once a slide has "popped" it's in focus all over.

Then again, mine's a basic Kodak. I've been considering upgrading, but don't
judge critical focus by projection. Perhaps though prices on good slide
projector lenses will come down even faster than camera lenses - they'd
certainly be niche collectors' items. :-)

Andrew