[OM] Re: Oly Auto Ext. Tube - Disassembly question

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly Auto Ext. Tube - Disassembly question
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:04:27 -0600
There are 16 ball bearings held within two spacers (plastic, as I recall)
between the two metal operating rings inside the 14mm and 25mm Auto
Extension Tubes -- none in the 7mm Tube.  Don't bother removing the front
mount -- there's nothing underneath.  If you remove the rear mount, be
prepared for the bearings to fall out once you have it open!  In other
words, work in a tray of some sort.

If the problem isn't rust, chances are one or both of the rings are bent,
probably where the arms intersect the ring itself.