[OM] Re: E-1 and OM System flash units?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and OM System flash units?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:20:01 -0500 (EST)

A few weeks back we were discussing using OM flashes on the E-1 and I said
I would report back on my findings.  Sorry it took longer than expected,
Canada Customs was being rather uncoperative in releasing the parcel which
contained my E-1.  Below is a summary of the trigger voltages I measured
on the various OM flashes:

F-280:         2.9V
T-20:          6.7V
T-32/T-Power: 10.7V
T-45:          9.4V
QA300:       203.5V
QA310:       200.5V

>From the table we can see that all flashes except the QA300/QA310 use a low
voltage trigger.  Based on that I tested each of the low voltage flashes on
the E-1.  I'm happy to say that all the flashes worked well with the E-1 and
the E-1 was unharmed.  I wasn't daring enough to test the QA300/QA310 flashes
although I suspect the E-1 is built well enough to handle a 200V trigger
voltage.
                                        -mark