[OM] Private Reserve Sale Opportunity

Subject: [OM] Private Reserve Sale Opportunity
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:34:58 +0000
If -- big IF -- I should decide to get into a digital something or other in the
next six months, I'll be selling off some OM gear.  This list has addled my
brain the last few years, causing me to forget that the object is photography,
not an obsession with Olympus equipment.  The gear is just a tool.  Does it
matter if I tighten the nut with a Snap-0n or Craftsman socket?  Well,
obviously, hell no, not if I use the correct amount of torque.  I may not be
over the romance, but I think now I can dance with some other pretty girls.

Anyway, here's your chance to reserve some gear at today's prices in the event
I have a sale.  No obligation on your part, 'cause if you renege, I'll just go
to the *Bay or KEH with it, but if I decide to sell any of these in the next
six months, first come, first served to hold them at this price.  Act now!
This offer may expire.

LN 38/2.8 Zuiko Macro, w/case, $500
Great lens.  I just don't use it much because I don't shoot stuff that small or
that close.

LN 35/2.8 Zuiko shift, w/case, $500
I've had it two years, have used it maybe twice.  If I want to go to the
trouble to put up a tripod and do perspective correction, then I'll use one of
the big boy cameras that actually do it better.

Ex+ 35-80/2.8 Zuiko, w/hood, $1000
If I go digital, I'll start with at least the lenses that cover the
"walk-about" range, so I won't use this one much anymore.

Ex+ 28-105 Tamron SP LD w/OM Adaptall mount, $500
See above.

Ex 35-105/3.5-4.5 Zuiko, $175
Same story.

I'll keep the primes (17, 21, 24, 28, 35, 50, 100, 135, 180, 300, 400 and 500),
and the macro stuff (50, 80, 90, 135), but I'll part with the other stuff, plus
a few bodies and some to-be-named-later lenses.

Understand, this is not an offer to sell, but a pre-sale opportunity to reserve
the lens of your dreams at a fixed price, and only if I decide to part with it
in the next six months.

This offer void where taxed or prohibited by law and may be withdrawn
capriciously at a moment's notice in the event of a change of mind and/or
circumstances.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from