[OM] Re: [OT] Missing and extraneous r's

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Missing and extraneous r's
From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:53:48 -0000
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:05:46 -0500, Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Garth said:
> and some people in Washington state pronounce
> it as "War-shington,"
> --------------------------------
> After much research I have concluded that the missing r's from Boston
> (as in: "Pahk the cah in Hahvahd Yahd") are apparently transported via
> worm holes to other places where they show up adversely influencing the
> speech of others by insertion in inappropriate places.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
> (note that it's not Nawhcutt since I ain't from heah)

Our English friends (sorry chaps...) do this sort of thing quite a lot.
Insertion of 'r' as in the well-known 'lawranawdah', with the missing 'r'
bumped back to between the open 'law' and the gaping 'anawdah'.

As in David Owen's insistence on politics being about 'pah', and if you
didn't achieve 'pah' there was no way to get things done that you wished
for; fortunately, he never got 'pah'.

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS