[OM] Re: E-1 and OM System flash units?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and OM System flash units?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:51:50 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Brian Swale wrote:

> I look forward with interest to seeing an illustrated Mark's description of
> dis-assembly and assembly of an Olympus E-1.
> =|;-)>

Not until the warrantee runs out!  At least I think I can hold off that long :-)

> So why did Canada Customs get so picky about giving you your camera?

No idea why but I suspect it had something to do with the current labour
relations problems they're having.  Last month one union was on strike, now
this month another is threatening to go on strike.  I think they just held a
bunch of parcels back to make a point.  No amount of complaining could get
anything done despite the fact that it was a tracked shipment with guaranteed
three day delivery, now going on three weeks!  I guess I should consider
myself lucky that I got it all, their tracking system still claims they have
it :-)
                                -mark