[OM] Re: OT - north west of Calgary

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - north west of Calgary
From: Gordon Ross <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:19:20 -0700
Hi Jeff and all:

Just to elaborate on those unfamiliar with the Canadian Rockies- they do
look like the picture, getting the sky and the clouds is a matter of timing,
patience and luck. You can take your 300mm/4.5 on the gondola at Sulpher
Mountain in Banff and with very little effort be at the mountaintop with a
360 degree view like the one shown. It is even better hiking to the top of
the mountain in Jasper, but that requires a strenuous hike as the gondola
gets you about half way up, its not the Himalayas but these are serious
mountains. The feeling is magestic, raw, full of power, awe, and purity, the
air is cool and clean , the sun is warm.

John, since you left they must have shifted the mountains closer, the
Lincoln LS V8 Sport is basically a Jaguar 'S' and it gets to Banff from
Calgary in a little over an hour and a half never going more than 130 in the
three spots that are patrolled.

So the invitation is out, anyone wanting to shoot the Rockies contact me,
You would be very  welcome as I would get to go too. All summer I wanted to
go but never took the opportunity so a visit would spur that on. I can stand
on my rooftop and see them clearly it's that close and I let the summer slip
by. I did buy a camera backpack though and will take it skiing to get the
winter shots.

Gord

Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>