[OM] Re: E-BAY scam?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-BAY scam?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 17:05:12 -0800
Most likely the email you received is not from the seller. I fairly often
receive offers claiming to be from the seller of some item I bid on. An
almost certain give away is if they want the money sent to an address
different from the yaBe registered address. I frequently forward the offer
to spoof@xxxxxxxx and also try to contact the original seller.

In at least one case the real seller 'sort' of made a "second chance offer"
but whether knowingly or not the offer didn't go through yaBe. The seller
happened to be a camera store that I could check the phone number of. Since
I wanted the item, I bought it from him. He asked me to leave feedback but
of course I couldn't since the offer didn't really go through yaBe. I don't
think I've ever received a low price offer from the real seller. When the
real seller makes a "second chance offer" it is because he's expecting to
get nearly as much, or just as much as his original offer.

Best wishes,
-jeff