[OM] Re: OM-2000 modification

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2000 modification
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:11:38 -0400

> Can somebody point me to the instructions for modifying an OM-2000 so that
you
> don't need to have the wind lever pulled out from the body to fire the
shutter ?  Just
> picked up a 2000 and this "feature" is driving me crazy.  I'll probably
make the same
> mod on my Bessa L too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ...WAyne

If you pull the wind lever back a bit, you'll see a small screw on the
bottom side. Remove that, start taking the parts off from the top, taking
care to see how they come off so that you can reassemble. When you get to
the small part (washer with a bump) that interlocks into the shutter button
to stop it from being depressed, turn it over, then reassemble.
There is nothing to throw away, file, etc., and it can be restored to
original if you want.
Wayne