[OM] Re: Teleconverter: mount it before/with the lens?

Subject: [OM] Re: Teleconverter: mount it before/with the lens?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:07:35 -0800
I vaguely remember some comments that some cameras read a chip in the lens.
If the TC is attached to the body first you may get a funny reading. Thus
T*mron would recommend attach it to the lens.

Since an OM doesn't read anything it would only be a mechanical fit.
Attaching the TC to the body first probably leaves all of the little levers
at their widest open positions, presenting the same mounting to the lens as
the camera itself. For what it's worth, I most often leave my TC attached to
my long telephoto which I put on my tripod, then attach the camera. With the
1.4 TC extending into the lens, it seems safer to get that end mounted
first.

-jeff