[OM] Re: Teleconverter: mount it before/with the lens?

Subject: [OM] Re: Teleconverter: mount it before/with the lens?
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:39:30 +0100
Well, the OM list at its best... I posted my question at 16:59 (my
time), and got 8 answers between 17:26 and 18:27, i.e. within rougly
1hour and a half... Amazing.

So... it seems that the consensus is that it does not really matter
in which order you mount the teleconverter/lens to the body. So I
will continue to do it "converter + lens first", since it is much
more convenient for me. And not feel guilty any more at doing so ;-)

At 11:09 -0600 6/12/04, PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service wrote:
>I believe the concern is that on some teleconverters, it would be possible
>for the operating levers of the teleconverter to be in the wrong place when
>attached to either the lens or body, so that they would be on the wrong side
>of the mechanisms being mounted to.  This might cause damage/malfunction.
>If I'm not mistaken, the Olympus TC's have return springs so that both
>levers are held properly before mounting.

I guess that to avoid any problem with levers, while still mounting
the "combo" first, the easiest would be to mount the converter on the
body first, then the lens, then to remove the "combo" and keep it
that way.

Thanks to all !
Bernard