[OM] Re: Infinity Focus Alignment

Subject: [OM] Re: Infinity Focus Alignment
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:14:25 -0400

> I had thought the same thing was going on with my OM-2 and OM-2n, but
> what it ended up beings, is that "infinity" was farther away that I
> thought it was.  If I focused on something really far away, the stop was
> in the right place.
>
> Charles

I was cleaning a zoom lens the other evening that had oily aperture blades.
When I put the lens back together it had to be set for infinity focus.
Because it was night, and I live in a country area, I couldn't see anything
far enough away to focus on, and I wanted to finish it up. Then I noticed it
was a full moon. I figured that was far enough away, so I set infinity by
the moon . When I checked it in daylight in the morning on a distant hill,
it was right where I wanted it :-).
Wayne