[OM] Proper marketing on *Bay

Subject: [OM] Proper marketing on *Bay
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:45:19 +0000
I am constantly amazed that some folks trying to sell stuff on *Bay either have
no picture of the item for sale or one so fuzzy it's far less informative than
even half the 1000 words it's supposedly worth.  Since I doubt anyone here will
be competing with me for this little jewel, should I decide to snipe it later
to complete my collection of MF 80/2.8 lenses (I already having the Zeiss and
the Rodenstock), I'm posting a link to what I consider a proper presentation of
the goody up for bids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3858404355

And, by the way, this is the guy who sold the $18.87 book for $50, plus $5
shipping.  Don't blame him for selling something for three times what it's
worth.  It was just good -- and honest -- marketing.  He never said it was
anything but exactly what it was.  I briefly considered buying a half dozen
copies from Amazon and putting them up for auction myself, with great pictures
and purple prose praise.  But that just seems like more trouble than I want to
go to.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from