[OM] Re: group portrait at FL 330

Subject: [OM] Re: group portrait at FL 330
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 06:38:00 +0000
Nice one Gary!

That looks like a lovely sunset.

It's funny that you should mention noise, because I used Fuji NPH(?)
400 for photos of our students' Annual Dinner a couple of weeks ago and
the scans were pretty noisy.  I thought that I must have underexposed,
but there was no fiddling with levels to do; it was just  noisy.   But
that was with 8.1.10 with my Minolta 5400 ...

Chris

On 9 Dec 2004, at 3:56, Gary Edwards wrote:

> I finally got around to scanning some of the last negs that I shot/set
> up.  Here is a Zuiko 16/3.5 shot of Larry and Montie with me in the
> cockpit at sunrise.  I just upgraded to VueScan 8.1.12 (Ed Hamrick
> sent me an email notice of the upgrade to improve performance of the
> Minolta 5400).  So far, I think the old version was better.  It
> doesn't show up on IE, but the full resolution scan in PS is very
> noisy (properly exposed Fuji Press 800) even with 5 passes.  And
> another shot from the same trip on Fuji 400 is also much noisier than
> previous experience.
>
> But, anyway, the 16/3.5 sure is a fun lens.
>
> http://peopleplacesflight.com/images/hawker_cockpit.jpg
>
> regards,
> Gary Edwards
<|_:-)_|>