[OM] Re: Hombroich, the pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: Hombroich, the pictures
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 02:16:25 -0800
iwert wrote:

>We had a very fine day novembver the 14th, with a mini OM-meeting, including
>Doro, Marc and me...
>
>Nature was so nice that we almost forgot about the art and architecture!
>
>Here is what I got:
>
>http://zuiko.fotopic.net/c358943.html

Some very nice images there. When I first looked and clicked on the
first image, I was sort of confused. What is this out of focus picture
doing here, I asked myself. I sort of shrugged and went on. Then at
Raketenstation-09, I was really frustrated. A wonderful still life of
the sort hwere detail is an integral part, but nothing is sharp. Yet it
is clear that the focal point is in about the right place. Boing, the
light goes on, theses images haven't been sharpened - at all apparently.
Pop it into PS, apply a little sharpening and suddenly there is the
image I was hoping to see, one of the favorites of those I've seen
posted recently. I'll bet the original is georgeous!

So I go back to Hombroich-01, apply some sharpening and the central leaf
detail is sharp. Some of the images, like the beautiful
Raketenstation-02, don't need sharpening, but some others are vastly
improved by it IMHO. It improves Raketenstation-07 quite a bit, but I
find the OOF road in the foreground distracting. I know you like to keep
the whole image, but I much prefer this as a horizontal composition
losing some sky and a lot of the bottom. I really like the humourous
juxtaposition in Raketenstation-04, but unfortunately, the pipe is
simply out of focus when it feels to me like the 'techie' element should
be in sharp focus.

But enough of criticism. A few really striking images here, which is
more than I can say of the results of too many of my outings.

Moose

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: Raketenstation-09a.jpg