[OM] Re: Hombroich, the pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: Hombroich, the pictures
From: "iwert" <iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:12:42 +0100
Fernando:

> First, I'm just learning from you. I don't even know for sure if you were
> holding an E-1.

No, I was holding an OM-3Ti with 21mm / 50mm / 100mm f2 or 180f2 zuiko :)

> BUT why would one need to sharpen the file?

Probably because the images were scanned from 35mm negatives with a "film"
scanner called epson 2450 photo. The images are ok when looked at in full
resolution, but apparently the downsizing in Graphic Converter 5.3 makes
them less sharp... I am in the process of upgrading to a real film scanner!
now I scan all images at 1200 dpi, resulting in files just printeable to A4,
at 3600dpi (3300dpi actual resolution) the results should be better, but for
that a new hard drive will be needed as well!

Iwert.