[OM] Re: which marco flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: which marco flash?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:59:43 -0800
Walt Wayman wrote:

>Yeah, looks like it to me, too.  I've never had a 2.5, but looking at the
>picture, its front end doesn't look any less fat-assed than the 2.8.
>
>http://www.tamron.co.jp/en/data/a2-lens/72b.html
>
>Makes me wonder if anybody has actually, for real, hands-on, in the real
>world, attached an Olympus T8, T10 or T28 shoe directly onto one or if it's
>just theory and supposition based on filter size.

Yup. The T8 and T10 mount fine with the lens focused close. However, the
shoulder of the lens  runs into the modeling light switch/socket and
prevents focusing any further out than about 2.3 feet/0.7 m. That gives
a repro ratio of about 1:5, hardly macro and anything closer/higher mag,
is not a problem. The empty filter ring thing would work if you need to
focus out further, but what are chances of that, especially with the T8?
The T28 mounts fine and limits focus to about 5 ft. and closer. Again,
most practical uses would be covered by that distance, which is far from
macro.

Moose.