[OM] Re: FL flashes and the E-1; was which macro flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: FL flashes and the E-1; was which macro flash?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:47:01 +0000
Thanks Joel

The discount was all I needed to turn me away from the C*non or N*kon
range.  I was seriously considering getting a 20D or D70, and buying a
film camera from their respective ranges to share the lenses.  That
would have meant selling my OMs & Zuikos.  But, since the GM Sales at
Oly UK has agreed to send me a MA-1 as well, I am able to enjoy the
best of both worlds.

However, when it comes to travelling on holiday by air, I have a
feeling that I shall have to choose between film and didge ... I can
see my being relegated to E-1 and XAs!

Chris

On 11 Dec 2004, at 1:59, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> At 02:08 PM 12/10/2004 +0000, Chris you wrote:
>> To our UK List members:  I bought the E-1 for "half price".  That is
>> half of the MSRP of £1400 ­ £699.  It is an educational discount which
>> I could have got my son to claim,  but to which I am entitled as a
>> member of an educational establishment.  This is with the 14-54 lens
>> as
>> well ... :-)))
>>
>> I know that that is still loads of dosh, and I had to sell my Bronica
>> RF645 to finance the deal, but it is a fair old discount.
>>
>> Now all I have to do is get out and take some decent photos...
>>
>> Chris
>
> O how the mighty are fallen!  Seriously, Chris, congratulations.  I
> know
> you'll enjoy it, and it won't turn you against the good old OM. You'll
> love
> 'em as much or more.
>
> As I do, now off to run a bit of Kodachrome through the OM-4 with the
> help
> of a T-8 and some other bits,
>
> Joel W.
<|_:-)_|>