[OM] Re: Camera prices and values

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera prices and values
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:48:03 -0000
Piers Hemy wrote:

> You have missed the single unique feature of the 3Ti which makes it
> desirable, in my view (I am ignoring the charcoal finish) - it has the
> ability to sync with the F280 at any shutter speed,'seamlessly'.  Although
> the 4Ti will sync with the F280, it cannot do so at all speeds.

Are you sure? My 3Ti/4Ti brochure has exactly the same text within "Flash
exposure control:" specifications for 3Ti and 4Ti, viz.

"Super FP emission (with F280 flash): synchronizes with 1/60 ~ 1/2000 sec."

> And the "sub-set" is larger on the 3Ti, which will do OTF flash control -
> the 3 will not, though the 4 does.

That is true. Presumably they built it in because it was relatively easy -- the
sensors were there anyway for metering; all they had to do was to make the
camera quench the flash.

Simon