[OM] Re: how to safely carry a TTL T-20 adapter ?

Subject: [OM] Re: how to safely carry a TTL T-20 adapter ?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:16:09 +0000
Well, since you asked, let me tell you about Efke KB25!

Efke KB25 is the old Adox KB14 film formula in Croatian clothing.  Since the
untimely and uncalled-for demise of Panatomic-X brought about by the Kodak
bean-counters, it's the last really, really fine-grained silver-based film.
Developed in Rodinol, it gives an unbeatable combination of acutance and fine
grain.  You can make eye-popping 11x14 in. prints that won't make you ashamed
of the grain.

Want to make an 8x10 in. print that looks for all the world like it was shot
with a LF camera?  Properly exposed Efke KB25 developed in Neofin Blue will get
you as close as you'll ever come with 35mm film.  It will fool even some LF
fanatics.  Trust me.  And because it's so smooth, it's great for portraits.

Some claim about the only difference between scans made at 4000 dpi and those
made at 5400 dpi is just more and sharper grain.  These are folks who have
never scanned an Efke KB25 negative.  Even my Minolta 5400 can't really fully
resolve the grain on the stuff, especially when developed in Neofin Blue.

It's slow -- ISO/ASA 25, obviously, though I sometimes shoot it at 20.  And
shooting it in anything but bright sunlight without using a tripod or having a
very steady hand or rest is defeating the purpose.

And it comes in 120 size too, but I don't want to start a flurry of MF envy.
Suffice to say, I don't have enough wall space left for a print from a 6x9 Efke
KB25 negative blown up big enough to let the grain show.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --