[OM] Re: Extension Tubes

Subject: [OM] Re: Extension Tubes
From: "P D Mason" <p.d.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:27:38 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "D&K Fairbanks" <banks@xxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 8:05 PM
Subject: [OM] Extension Tubes

> I am trying to find out more information on extension tubes.  I don't
> understand the purpose of the tubes, and what is the difference between
> manual and automatic.   There are three different Zuiko extension tubes,
> 7, 14, and 25.  Are any of these for specific purposes?

The respective lengths of these tubes are 7mm, 14mm and 25mm, which make
seven different lengths by single or combined uses.
They can be mounted on the camera body by bayonet mounting as in case with
the standard lenses.
If all of these tubes are used in conjunction with the 50mm F1.8, it is
possible to achieve a life size magnification or 2.3x3.4cm with a
lens-to-subject distance of 6.8cm.
The 25mm extension tube can be used to extend the magnification range of the
Zuiko Macro Lens 50mm to 1:2 and 1:1 (lifesize).
For life-size pictures, however, most recommended is the 1:1 Macro 80mm F4