[OM] Re: Power Winder

Subject: [OM] Re: Power Winder
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:06:33 +0100
Wayne Culberson wrote:
> I've been thinking along those same lines. I would prefer a Winder 2, but
> given the list discussion in the recent past with the problems of an
> internal washer which seems to self destruct or disintegrate, I
> am wondering
> if this generic winder might be the better way to go. So I'm glad to hear
> that someone has a had a good experience with one.
> Besides that, from what I've been watching on the auction site, it is not
> all that easy to find the real thing much cheaper. And if the
> real thing has
> to be sent in for an overhaul, it is certainly not cheaper.

eBay Germany averages on this stuff:
Winder 1  32 EUR (102 sales)
Winder 2  53 EUR (194 sales)
OM-1 TR   25 EUR ( 33 sales)

So the OM-1 TR isn't so much off a Winder 1. But
as stated previously, it offers single, continious
and intervalometer winding. Soligor built things
like that for Canon A series and Minolta X as well.

At those prices I guess any fixing -- if not done
by oneself and with enthusiastic engagement -- is
more expensive than *baying for another one.

Andreas