[OM] Re: Ethical Q re shipping E*bay item Int'l

Subject: [OM] Re: Ethical Q re shipping E*bay item Int'l
From: Glenn Stauffer <alaxsxaq@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:29:36 -0500
I think you said it.   For high ticket items, I would always insist
that it be insured and charge them for the insurance.  I've purchased
from several sellers who do it this way and I have no problem having
to do so as long as it is stated up front in the ebay ad.  When I
sell, I do the same.

Sounds like it is getting near the time where you'll have to write
this one off.  If the Post Office will run a trace, do that and use
their timing on the trace to determine when you'll call it lost and
refund the money.  I'd certainly try a trace for your own benefit to
alleviate any suspicion that you are dealing with a dishonest buyer.

Good luck with it all.

Glenn