[OM] Re: Ethical Q re shipping E*bay item Int'l

Subject: [OM] Re: Ethical Q re shipping E*bay item Int'l
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:37:43 -0800
on 12/14/04 8:29 AM, Glenn Stauffer at alaxsxaq@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Sounds like it is getting near the time where you'll have to write
> this one off.  If the Post Office will run a trace, do that and use
> their timing on the trace to determine when you'll call it lost and
> refund the money.  I'd certainly try a trace for your own benefit to
> alleviate any suspicion that you are dealing with a dishonest buyer.

I had an international shipment (inbound) show up after over two months.
This was supposed to go airmail, and had markings to indicate that it did.
No explanation from the postal service, of course. And the timeframe was
March to May... not a holiday crush time. I'd start a trace and give it more
time to get there... if it went 'surface' it could take 4-6 weeks overseas,
I had that happen too.

Be sure to communicate with your buyer completely what you are doing, and
why...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...