[OM] Re: looking for self starting image viewing program.....

Subject: [OM] Re: looking for self starting image viewing program.....
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:11:10 +1100
To make a CD load you need to create an autorun.inf file (a text file with
.inf as the extension) which is burnt onto the CD in the root directory.

Here's a couple of freeware apps that helps to create the autorun file:
http://www.ashzfall.com/products/autorun/ (55Kb)
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptautorun.asp (882Kb)

autorun.inf allows only programs, files that end in .exe or .com, to be
run. HTML pages can also be opened.

A typical autorun.inf file to install software would be located in the root
directory of the CD and contain three lines in text format (ASCII) like this:

[autorun]
open=setup.exe
icon=setup.exe

setup.exe would be expected to be found in the root directory of the CD.

More info about autorun files is here:
http://www.phdcc.com/shellrun/autorun.htm

Hope this helps, contact me off-list if you run into problems.

Andrew McPhee