[OM] Re: Ethical Q re shipping E*bay item Int'l

Subject: [OM] Re: Ethical Q re shipping E*bay item Int'l
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:32:39 -0700
For shipping within the US and Canada, I only ship insured unless it's a
very small item. Outside the US I give the buyer the choice and quote prices
both ways. Frequently the insurance is only good to the US border which is
only of limited value. When shipments are insured, I have a good mailing
receipt and the buyer then can work with the postal service rather than me.
I also get a good receipt when shipping to other countries which is helpful.
I've never had a shipment lost but sometimes it takes a long time to get
things through the customs folks. /jmac

<  snip

Apologise profusely, indicate that he should have requested insured
shipping and be prepared to take a negative feedback. Point out that if
he gives you negative feedback, then he has no redress if you get
grumpy about it. It's hardly going to encourage you to refund is it,
when it is not withdrawable. ========

<  snip