[OM] Re: Camera prices and values

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera prices and values
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:30:37 -0800 (PST)
> I'm going to limit my "portfolio" to the 1N 2N 3Ti and 4Ti.
> I'm almost tempted by the 2SP for interest's sake, but the
> horror stories of reliability put me off. No doubt that's why
> they're relatively cheap.

The rumour of their early demise is greatly exaggerated.

Mine has been an amazing workhorse.  100,000+ exposures and the
only electronic problems have been a dirty ISO dial.  I haven't
had that good of luck with an OM-1, OM-2 or an OM-4.

The OM-2S is one of those cameras thas has the perfect balance
between features and usability.  Oh, and the sound is the
sweetest of them all.  The continous metering in spot mode is
worth the price of admission.

At this point in the game, if it works at all, it'll outlast the
lowcost availability of film.  Go for it.  I've been tempted to
pick up another as the prices are so good.  The OM-2S was the
end of the OM-2 line.  The OM-3x and OM-4x took off in another
ergonomic direction.

If only I could get a digital back...

AG

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com