[OM] Re: An E-1 pic

Subject: [OM] Re: An E-1 pic
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:18:35 +0100
Chris Barker schrieb:

> http://www.threeshoes.co.uk/PAW/51_04.htm

cute :)

> I took the photo using AdobeRGB and SHQ.  Since someone mentioned that
> this colour space makes for a dull image sometimes, I should be
> interested if it does not look bright and cheerful on their monitor.

Monitors never support aRGB. aRGB uses a wider colour gamut then sRGB,
especially for greens. (For those who understand german there is an
excellent pdf about colour management here:
http://schraeder.oly-e.de/Color%20Management.pdf).
For use in the net or normal printing you should have the correct
defaults in PS (or any other pp software), working aRGB, don't change,
and convert to sRGB before saving (Image, Mode, convert colour space or
something like that).
If you ever intend to have your pics professionally printed, aRGB gives
you the wider colour space. On the other hand, if you're sure you won't,
it might be better to use sRGB, because this results in a greater range
of tonalities in that smaller space.

cheers and have fun with the new toy!
:D