[OM] Re: An E-1 pic

Subject: [OM] Re: An E-1 pic
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:23:56 +0000
Thanks Andrew
On 16 Dec 2004, at 12:10, Andrew Gullen wrote:

> Very nice.
>
> Nice light, and you've composed nicely to accentuate it. The horizon
> line
> through the middle gives a quiet picture, appropriate for a graveyard.
> :-)
>
> There's something bright in the grass on the right-hand edge, and a
> few bits
> of telephone pole above it. Some combination of slight cropping,
> cloning or
> burning? Don't crop much - I like the space you've left between the
> church
> and the edge. (Actually, having just tried it, maybe you shouldn't
> crop.)

Thanks Andrew.  I have done a bit of cloning rather than crop the
current image (it was a white caravan in the distance); I have left the
poles and power lines on the nearby railway line though.  The image's
current width is important for the composition I think.

> Bright and cheerful isn't how I'd describe it, but quiet and golden,
> just
> right for early morning or late afternoon. The foreground shadows are
> darkish, but that keeps attention on the church.

It was just after midday yesterday, in fact; but the sun's light was
diluted by being low in the sky and by there being some high, thin
cloud to the south.
> This monitor may be darkish: on sites that put up test strips the
> darkest
> two or three usually block up. I tried using the standard controls
> (OS9) but
> haven't managed to fix this yet.

It's normally gamma setting which sorts that out isn't it?  Perhaps you
have it set too low ...

Thanks for your comments Andrew.

Chris
<|_:-)_|>