[OM] Re: MLU was Re: Camera prices and values/changed topic i think

Subject: [OM] Re: MLU was Re: Camera prices and values/changed topic i think
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:21:59 -0000
Iwert wrote:

> Because they would have to keep producing the OM-lenses and
> accesories, just for this camera. Not an easy task.

Fair comment, but at the same time, if you look at a late 3Ti/4Ti
catalogue, it's hardly as if they were still promoting the full range of
lenses and accessories by then either -- they had basically already
stripped the OM system range down to a minimum. It could remain so with
a digital body.

> I'ld
> rather bet cosina or epson will once come out with a digital
> body which adapts to all kind of auto lenses through an adapter...

Thus far I've stuck with Olympus/Zuiko and I'd rather remain so. But if
another manufacturer produced an OM-compatible digital body, I'd be
extremely tempted, far more so if using MF lenses didn't mean
sacrificing massive body functionality.

Simon