[OM] Re: MLU was Re: Camera prices and values/changed topic i think

Subject: [OM] Re: MLU was Re: Camera prices and values/changed topic i think
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:54:57 -0000
The OM3 was a relatively cheap piece of development:
Take OM4
Remove mode switch after sticking it in manual
Put developed OM1 timer mech in base
Engrave new number on front and drill hole for a slightly amateur LED for
the battery check
Sell for premium.

Development costs for 3Ti - a little higher. As was the premium. Ah but the
colour, the colour.....

Development costs for a new digital body?
Several orders of magnitude different. No premium available.

That's why...

Plus of course it would extend the sales life of lots of OM accessories,
(nearly) all of which are from a different era of values, engineering and
production cost. They wanted out, they got out. Remember that Oly UK didn't
even admit to the OM2000 for nearly a year! Too busy trying to not sell any
OM at all!

Julian