[OM] E-1 on loan in London

Subject: [OM] E-1 on loan in London
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:48:25 +0000
I found myself with a rare, spare 15 mins to kill before a meeting near
Tottenham Court Road, so headed to the camera mecca of New Oxford St to
enquire about availability / price of the E-300. The guy in Jessops
(largest national chain for those abroad) hadn't  heard of it, then
looked for the C-300 and generally didn't have much of a clue. They
don't stock the E-1 there apparently, which I also wanted a look at.

Over the road at Jacobs they were a lot more helpful, gave me a price
of £690 for the E-300 and availability around the start of Jan. They
also have an E-1 demo in the shop that can be taken away on loan once
the purchase price (£1,090) has been taken from your credit card, to be
re-credited in full on return of the camera. Think I'll take them up on
this sometime when I might get a day or two to actually use it.

I'm sick of scanning film.

James