[OM] Re: inkjet prints: how to avoid "layered ink look"

Subject: [OM] Re: inkjet prints: how to avoid "layered ink look"
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:35:37 -0800 (PST)
I use only two types of photo paper in my Canon:

1. Canon's Hubba Hubba, Mega Glossy, Quick Dry Photo Paper Plus
Paper.
2. Ilford Galerie Glossy and Pearl.

The Canon paper is great for fast turnaround prints as it
doesn't need to dry.  However, as a microceramic surface, it is
subject to outgassing.  The yellow will fade much faster than
the other inks.

The Ilford Galerie papers use an encaspulation technique where
the surface swells with the ink and then as it dries it seals
the dyes inside the surface.  In my testing I got barely
perceivable fading on prints that had been taped to the outside
of my house for six months.  However, water damage to the print
is ugly.

There is zero bronzing with the Galerie pearl surface and only
an extremely minor bronzing with the glossy.  The Canon Photo
Paper Pro is bronzing free unless you use third-party inks.

AG

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250