[OM] Re: New member with question about 100/F2

Subject: [OM] Re: New member with question about 100/F2
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:40:13 +0000
Martin,

The 100/2 Zuiko is one of my all-time favorite lenses, but I have never tried
it with either of the Olympus teleconvertrs.  Increased focal length is gained
with converters, but there's always a loss, however small, in resolution and
contrast.  Instead of the 100/2 with the 1.4X-A, I would use instead the
135/2.8 Zuiko.  And rather than the 100/2 and the 2X-A, I'd go for the 180/2.8
Zuiko, which wouldn't have quite the reach, but it would be a stop faster and
certainly sharper.

And, by the way, what's your problem with the 180/2.8?  I use mine a lot.  It's
my fourth favorite prime, right behind the 100/2, 50/2 and 21/2.  It's a real
pleasure to use, which causes me to reach for it many times before breaking out
the twice-as-heavy and way more awkward to hold Tamron 80-200/2.8.

Oh, and welcome to the asylum escapee group.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --