[OM] Re: New member with question about 100/F2

Subject: [OM] Re: New member with question about 100/F2
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:47:03 -0800 (PST)
Martin,

One of the beauties of fast lenses is that they do have a very short DOF when
wide open.  This makes it very easy to focus exactly where you want.  That
point snaps sharply in to focus as you obtain it making the process very
precise.  You'll probably see what I mean as you use ithe 100/2  more.

And yes, "they" are right - the Zuiko 100 f/2 is a very fine lens.

regards,
Gary Edwards

Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I will finish with a question about the 100/2. I am still getting used
to this lens and focussing is a little tricky at large apertures (I
haven?t shot with anything over 50mm for quite a while). The DOF is
quite small compared with the WAs that I'm used to.