[OM] Re: Pinhole project part II

Subject: [OM] Re: Pinhole project part II
From: rainer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:44:11 +0100
Hi Iwert,

Look here:

http://www.pinhole.cz/en/pinholedesigner/

this is a small freeware program, that calculates the optimal pinhole
parameters and some additional information.

I have used a simple approach with some aluminum foil wrapped over a T2
- adapter , hole pinched with a needle...I hve to find the pic, but it
worked ok with auto exposure with my OM2

An offset of the hole will have the shift effect, but the vignetting
will be uneven: just draw a rectangular pyramid with 24 by 36 mm base
and your focal length as the height, shift the top and calculate the
sides. Taking into account the rules (square of distance), you will find
 that of course vignetting will be worse with short focal distance and
will be uneven when shifted.

By the way, there are many pinhole sites on the net...

Regards Rainer