[OM] Re: New member with question about 100/F2

Subject: [OM] Re: New member with question about 100/F2
From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:42:25 -0000
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 02:36:04 +0100, Thomas Clausen
<T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I read on another mailing-list something, which might be appropriate.
> It went something like this: "You've got to admire the mind of the
> photographer: he's in an unknown marshland, it's getting dark, he's got
> no food, compas, flashlight or water, and the fog is setting -- and his
> first thought is 'I've got to picture this ambiance', not the
> reasonable 'gotta get out of here before I get lost in the dark'"
>
> Gotta get the priorities straight...food...water....pffth... ;)

LOL! I remember in Canada, the wife and I were at the far end of Lake
Agnes, in sight of the Tearoom, when we spotted an approaching animal,
which looked like a Black Bear, heading straight down the slope towards us.

My first thought? I'm struggling with the camera and bag to get to the
longest lens I have, while Fiona is nervously backing towards the water,
wondering if she can swim faster than a bear!!

(She knows she can't swim faster than me...)

Actually, it was a wolverine. More interested in Pikas than in us. But I
know what you mean!!

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS