[OM] Re: 2SP battery drain

Subject: [OM] Re: 2SP battery drain
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:29:23 -0000
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> I thought, how could a silver oxide battery behave so much differently
> than an alkaline battery?  But, eventually, I bought some 357's and
hauled
> the 2SP out of the closet.  Amazingly, the 6 week battery life unused
turned
> into 6-12 months with 357's or any other good silve oxide battery.  I
then
> found there were plenty of low cost sources on the web for 357's and
bought
> a bunch for less than a dollar apiece.

I have plenty of silver SR44s (357s): Varta and Energizer. So far
they've been fine in the OM-30 and 2Ns I have (6 months-odd).

I'll see how they last in the 2SP if I leave them in. Being an early
one, I have the green flash light, but frankly, compared to the drain of
the other camera functions, I can't imagine that causing a problem
unless you use flash a lot.

Regards,

Simon