[OM] "Suspicious" *Bay seller

Subject: [OM] "Suspicious" *Bay seller
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:36:54 +0000
Let me make a follow-up report on the eBay guy in Dallas who had only two
feedback points and was suddenly selling a tremendous lot of expensive gear
last week.  Now, a week later, he has 15 positive feedbacks, one of which is
from me.

My auction ended just after midnight Tuesday, and a well-packaged, perfect,
LNIB 120mm f/5.6 Schneider APO Symmar, in an accurate-at-all-speeds* Copal 0
shutter, arrived right around noon Friday.  My eBay good-luck run just keeps on
going.  :-)

I'm especially pleased about taking a chance on this auction, since I paid $331
for this lens, while another, identical lens/shutter combination from a
safer-looking seller, a camera store with lots of feedback, went for $465 to a
less daring buyer two days later.  And he didn't get a pretty, baby blue,
Scheider box with his!

Walt

*Yeah, I've got a shutter speed tester, as anybody who fools with old** camera
gear should.
**That includes most OMs, you know.

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from