[OM] Re: Q: questions considering some problems with purchased Winder 2

Subject: [OM] Re: Q: questions considering some problems with purchased Winder 2 from ebay
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:02:55 -0000
Matti Puhakka wrote:

> 1. when testing the winder 2 functionality with fresh new batteries,
> the speed of the winder seemed to be closer to 1,5fps than claimed
> 2,5fps.

How did you time it; how accurate do you think this is; what shutter
speed were you on?

> The sound of the motor is not so smooth at all. more like a bit
"jerky".

That doesn't sound right.

> 2. The winder drained my new batteries in 12hours: I took maybe 5
shots
> with the winder. Seems like it has some kind of power drainage
problem.

That is wrong.

> Are these problems common for winder 2, which would mean I should
> be satisfied with the seller,

I'm pretty sure mine is fine, and, to me at least, it doesn't display
any of these symptoms.

> or should I start to write an agry letter to this seller, for selling
> me a disfunctional product?

Can you borrow someone else's locally, to test it against another one so
you can see properly? That would be the best way to be sure.

Regards,

Simon Worby
Newbury, England